Welcome to another year of trail building! It should be huge for the ACT with work happing now at Majura and new developments in Tuggeranong. As for Bruce Ridge, we are hoping to have a formally approved trails network, including maps and sign posts
Here's the details for the working bee this Saturday:
Date: Saturday 21 February 2015
Meeting Location: At the gate near O’Connor caravan park - Kunzea Street, just off Dryandra Street (N8 on the old Bruce Ridge map).
What to Bring: Your favourite trail tools, particularly fire rakes, mattocks, and shovels. Also a couple of small bush saws or loppers would be great.
As usual, please bring food, water, weather appropriate clothing, eye protection, gloves and sturdy footwear.
Planned work Areas:
Creek Run and Descent trail - A few fixes along the creek run and the descent trail (I7). Here's the gory details...
- Build berm at bottom of descent near creek run
- Clear trees hanging into trail along creek run
- Reinstate link between climb and new descent - include some one way features
- Build link at top of ridge to split climb from new descent
- Clear sight lines on descent trail road crossings
- Add technical features (drainage) on top half of descent
- Build up last big right hander on descent (if we have rock available)
Any last minute updates will be posted on the FoBR Twitter feed:
The full list of FoBR working bees and rides are here, so pencil them in your calendar now (yes, right now! )
Working Bees and Events 2015