(posting this email to Craig here for broader discussion)
Thanks so much for getting straight onto the task - I'm super impressed!
Quickly thinking of our immediate needs, I think the site needs:
1. An event schedule - a calendar of what's happening when
2. A discussion forum - a place where questions can be put to the group and responses can be recorded
3. A subscription service
For the future it'll need:
1. An info area - a place where we can post documents to help educate us and users of the ridge
2. Pretty pictures and other trivial stuff that gives the site a nice vibe
So what I suggest (and shoot me down if you don't like it) is:
1. Make "Conservation and Trail Works" a calendar or date sorted list called "FoBR Events"
2. Rename "Issues" to be "Discussions (Issues, Ideas, and Proposals)"
3. Move "Public Documents" down and perhaps not worry about categorising the documents because we're not likely to have that many
4. Drop the overarching groupings if the tool allows it.
As for the other two sections that I've not mentioned:
1. I can't see the need of an announcements section - the "Welcome to FoBR" post could be on the home page along with pictures and other stuff that gives the site a nice vibe
2. The site problems can be incorporated into the discussion forum