May Trail works

Planned maintenance activities within Bruce Ridge

May Trail works

PostPosted by Geoff Hyde » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm

May Working Bee
Date: Saturday 5th May 2012
Time: 8am-12pm
Meeting Location: Same as last time. Off Belconnen Way D9 on the map - look for the blue on the light pole.
What to Bring: Your favourite trail tools, particularly fire rakes, mattocks, shovels, leaf rakes, pruning tools and wheel barrows (if possible) would be good.
As usual, please bring food, water, hat and sturdy footwear.
Planned work Areas:
Check works from last working bee - particularly junction from inner/outer loop after new armoured crossing (F/G9)
Pruning sight lines.
Outslope and trail edge reenforcing along outer loop near Belco Way (D8 to H8)
Geoff Hyde

Re: May Trail works

PostPosted by Argonut » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 pm

G'day Hydey,

Sorry mate - can't make it. I'll be away with work. Still haven't had the chance to ride what we worked on the other week - must pull my finger out!

Any joy finding my "Saxon" d-handle shovel mate? I have the other person's shovel if you identify who it is.

Cheers,

Jas'.
Argonut

May Trail works complete

PostPosted by Geoff Hyde » Sat May 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Good turnout (15) and some great weather for trail works. Worked mostly on the Belconnen way end improving drainage and fixing outslope in time for the wetter months (apparently). Reassessed a section of track which we had done some erosion control on a couple of months ago and looking like it would go that way again. After checking the gradient it was well over the half rule so we shifted the line, added some grade reversals and viola - sweet sustainable ride - hope you like it.

We had noticed people (unknown) had been reopening a section of track leading to last months creek armouring. This included pulling out the coral rocks and throwing them in the creek blocking the drainage and causing it to pool on the crossing. Not to be defeated we improved the lines at the intersection, reinstalled the coral rocks, unblocked the creek and dug up the old track. If you see anyone attempting to reinstate this section of poorly aligned track tell them to come and join us - if they want a say they can vote with their shovel.

Great results from all.

Geoff
Geoff Hyde

Return to Conservation & Trail Works