Tracks between close trees

Raise any issues or problems regarding Bridge Ridge

Tracks between close trees

PostPosted by Yo Yo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 pm

I think it's dangerous, and bad form to have all these tracks that cut right between to very close together established trees. The handlebar, and pedal strikes will harm , and possibly kill the trees, and expose their roots too. and as mentioned, how dangerous it is, especially if you ride with any speed. I'm surprised the land managers haven't addressed this yet. In most instances, the track would be more fun going around them anyway.
Yo Yo

Re: Tracks between close trees

PostPosted by Geoff Hyde » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Yo Yo,

Which one specifically are you talking about? Anything with a degree of difficulty has a B line around it.

There shouldn't be anything which you would hit with normal or even oversized handlebars. The track in some sections is deliberately designed this way, in line with IMBA specs, to create choke points in order to slow riders.

Geoff
Geoff Hyde

Re: Tracks between close trees

PostPosted by Yo Yo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Any where the trees have scars from bars or pedals, or the roots are becoming exposed. Better ways to slow riders down than forcing them between two trees. Around trees sure. There was one at the top of a crest that comes to mind. Everyone seems to happily go around it since the ground around it was cleared of sticks so you could.
Better to make rock gardens, divots in the ground or anything else to make riders slow down, or just design the track so you can't generate speed. Rock gardens take momentum without needing to brake, so would half berried long logs.
I'll go have another look, and let you know the locations, and happily discuss an alternative and build it if agreed on, and at the right time.
PM me if needed.
:mrgreen:
Yo Yo

Return to Issues