Unauthorised Track Work

Raise any issues or problems regarding Bridge Ridge

Unauthorised Track Work

PostPosted by GlennC » Thu May 08, 2014 2:22 pm

In the past few months there appears to have been significant destructive work to the trail network. On almost every trail sticks and branches are on the line, pointing into the line at dangerous angles where if someone comes off the trail momentarily they may do significant injury to themselves. I have also seen the addition of large rocks placed in positions where riders can hit them going around a corner or actually on the line mid corner. Large dead tree branches leaned over the track onto other trees where in a strong wind they could fall on riders. There have also been sharp sticks banged into the ground like tent pegs on the trail. Pieces of tin and metal have also been placed on the trails.

It seems a very inexperienced trail builder/s or someone who doesn't like the mountain bikers using the trails is doing this. In many sections it has undone all the good work this group hasdone. Happy to help out next time a working bee is on.
GlennC

Re: Unauthorised Track Work

PostPosted by Craig » Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks Glen for letting us know, and welcome to the FoBR forums.

Some of the fallen trees and timber hanging over the trail have been addressed (or at least assessed).

If you see anything on the trail which appears to have been set up to intentionally injure riders, then please take a picture before removing it from the trail. If you have any pics of this dangerous staff, then email them to me or post them on this forum. We will provide the info to PCS, who may contact the AFP.
Craig

Re: Unauthorised Track Work

PostPosted by Harold » Fri May 30, 2014 10:51 am

I have seen a few rocks in the middle of the track, seemed a bit odd. I will get pictures next time.
Harold

Return to Issues