Sun 14 Sept Working Bee

Planned maintenance activities within Bruce Ridge

Sun 14 Sept Working Bee

PostPosted by Craig » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 pm

We had a great working bee last weekend, with the final touches put on the outer loop trail at the eastern end of the ridge. It's a quick turn around for the next working bee which has been brought forwards to avoid school holidays and the Kowalski Classic (I'll need all of my energy for both). See the details below:

Date: Sunday 14 September 2014
Time: 8am-12pm
Meeting Location: At the gate near O’Connor caravan park - Kunzea Street, just off Dryandra Street (N8 on the old Bruce Ridge map). Seems we confused some people last weekend with a different spot, so we are back meeting at the Caravan Park.
What to Bring: Your favourite trail tools, particularly fire rakes, mattocks, shovels and leaf rakes.
As usual, please bring food, water, weather appropriate clothing, eye protection, gloves and sturdy footwear.
Planned work Areas:
Descent trail - the new descent/fun/flow (not DH) trail will be getting a lot of love with some berms and fun features (I7).
Inner loop link - we will replace the nasty unsustainable switch backs just above the caravan park climb (J7).

Any last minute updates will be posted on the FoBR Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/FoBruceRidge
Craig

Return to Conservation & Trail Works