Sun 30 Nov Working Bee

Planned maintenance activities within Bruce Ridge

Sun 30 Nov Working Bee

PostPosted by Craig » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi All

ACT Parks have dropped more large rocks for us at the top of the ridge which will allow us to finish the descent trail this weekend :-D

Here's the details for the working bee this Sunday:

Date: Sunday 30 November 2014
Time: 8am-12pm
Meeting Location: At the gate near O’Connor caravan park - Kunzea Street, just off Dryandra Street (N8 on the old Bruce Ridge map).
What to Bring: Your favourite trail tools, particularly fire rakes, mattocks, shovels and leaf rakes.
As usual, please bring food, water, weather appropriate clothing, eye protection, gloves and sturdy footwear.
Planned work Areas:
Descent trail - roll more rocks down the hill, build cool berms and features, finish the new descent/fun/flow (not DH) trail, smile (I7).

Any last minute updates will be posted on the FoBR Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/FoBruceRidge

Like last working bee, I recommend you wear gloves (and don't skip your Weetbix) as some of the rocks like to bite fingers!

For December, we will swap the tools for bikes. The Xmas social ride will be on Sunday 14 December at 2pm, followed by food and drinks somewhere nearby to celebrate our awesome work this year.

Finally, with the nearing completion of the new descent trail, the old descent trail will be going soon. The old descent trail will be rehabilitated to preserve the sensitive plant and animal habitat which lives on the southern side of the ridge. You might see me out there this week for old times sakes ;-(

Cheers
Craig
Craig

Return to Conservation & Trail Works